Take highway's exit “Bolzano Nord/Eggental”, turn right direction Bolzano/Bozen, after about 0,5 km on roundabout keep left and head towards Val d'Ega (SS 241). Keep driving up to Ponte Nova. At Ponte Nova’s crossroads, turn to the left in direction to Nova Levante and continue until parking Paolina in Carezza (about 30 min. from highway toll booth).
With the public bus line 180 or 184; bus stop: Paolina; online bus timetables: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/
Parking at Paolina.
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.