Hiking through the white snowy landscape from Nova Levante/Welschnofen to the Maso Schillerhof. Breathtaking views of the Dolomite mountains Rosengarten/Catinaccio and Latemar!
This winter hike starts at the bus stop in Nova Levante/Welschnofen and leads via path [4A] and path  to the wolf pit; then via path  to the Schiller farm. On the way back to Nova Levante/Welschnofen you first follow path  and then path [4A].
Variant: From Nova Levante/Welschnofen ascent by cable car Laurin I up to the Frommer hut - path [1A] – Passo Nigra/Nigerpass - path  - Schiller farm
Take highway's exit “Bolzano Nord/Eggental”, turn right direction Bolzano/Bozen, after about 0,5 km on roundabout keep left and head towards Val d’Ega (SS 241). Keep driving up to Ponte Nova. At Ponte Nova’s crossroads, turn to the left and continue to Nova Levante until the parking at the cable car (about 20 min. from highway toll booth).
With the public bus line 180 or 184; bus stop: Centre of Nova Levante; online bus timetables: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.