Puch: Almentour - circular route via St. Jakob, Vollererhof & Erentrudisalm (No. 11, 10 points)
Gästeservice Tennengau Verified partner Explorers Choice
Weiher in St. Jakob am Thurn mit Schlosstum und WallfahrtskirchePhoto: Barbara Gerber, Tourismusverband Puch
At the Vollererhof there are 3 other marked circular trails that can be easily incorporated into this hike.
THE HIKING TRAILS FROM THE VOLLERHOF:
- RED - Circular trail "Hochstadl & Vollererhof Siedlung": From the "Landhaus" - walk to the left of the Vollererhof road past the game enclosure to the "Hochstadl" farm. Behind the farm, before the barrier, follow the path on the valley side (No. 11). After approx. 200m, at the old farm, take the field path that runs across the meadow and then leads back into the forest. From there, the pleasant circular trail runs around the outside of the "Vollererhof settlement". Finally, walk parallel to the large meadow uphill to the Vollererhof road for approx. 400m to the car park at the Vollererhof. Approx. 2km
- BLUE - Wildgehege circular trail: Starting at the "Landhaus", turn right around the game reserve and the Brunnwiese past the Vollererhof "spring". Last section then on the Vollererhof road below the "Hochstadl" farmer with end point again at the "Vollererhof" country house. Tip: Halfway along the trail, a hiking sign shows the
- YELLOW - "Tratten" circular trail: From the "Landhaus" - turn right along the game reserve for approx. 300m, then turn right at the fork (No. 12). After approx. 600m, at the first fork in the road at the "English House", take the path on the right that runs parallel to the valley. The end point is again the "Landhaus". Approx. 2km turn-off to Schönalm. Approx. 1.6km
Stop for refreshments at the Schützenwirt in St. Jakob, at the Erentrudisalm or Fageralm.
There is a large children's playground at the Erentrudisalm.
Between Kainzreith and Hochgols, a small forest path leads to the picturesque Kehlbach waterfall. Attention: Enter at your own risk!
In St. Jakob am Thurn you should not forget to take a walk around the pond. Unique reflections of the castle and the pilgrimage church included.
There is a children's playground next to the Schützenwirt.
Safety informationThis hiking path is indicated by yellow hiking signs as week as a simple red-white-red symbol in between.
Keeping left, after a few curves you will come to the turn-off for the Erentrudisalm. In another 300 meters or so, you have the option to take the shorter forest path (No. 11) or the longer forestry road (No. 11d) to the Erentrudisalm. The return hike from the Erentrudisalm begins ca. 100 meters downhill next to a car park. Then, turn left onto a narrow paved road, which later becomes quite steep, in the direction of the Schwarzenbergalm. Before the actual building, as well as after about 200 meters, turn right and cross a small meadow dropping downhill into a forest. Now, downhill along a hiking trail through forest with several clearings, treating you to splendid views of Salzburg City. Continue to the crossing below the Hochstadlgut, where you can choose between the shorter route leading up to Kurhotel Vollererhof (No. 11c) or the longer variant of path No. 11 dropping downhill via the Tiersteig, Kainzreith and Hochgols back to St. Jakob.
Getting thereBy car from Vienna on the A1 autobahn or from Munich on the A9, shortly before reaching the Tennengau (Hallein) you will come to a big interchange where you will merge onto the A10 (Tauern Autobahn), continuing south. Puch/Urstein (Exit 11) is the northernmost autobahn exit in Tennengau. If you are driving in from the south on the A10 from Villach/Kärnten, also leave the Tauern Autobahn in Puch Urstein, taking Exit 11. From this exit. drive either south into Puch itself or north following signs for Salzburg City as far as St. Jakob am Thurn.
ParkingCar park at the clubhouse/sports field in St. Jakob am Thurn
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- The free panorama map with information on all hiking trails and cycle routes in Puch is available at the tourist office at the Puch municipal office!
- The Tennengau Hiking Map with book at €6.50 is available at all 14 Tennengau tourist offices and at the Tennengau Guest Service.
EquipmentNo special equipment required!
- Normal hiking equipment with sturdy shoes.
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Drinking water and food if necessary
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others