From Cornelle through the surrounding woods
Garda Trentino Verified partner Explorers Choice
Camminare nel boscoPhoto: Fototeca Trentino Sviluppo foto di A. Russolo, Garda Trentino
This excursion, running entirely through the woods, with short stretches bordering the fields, offers an opportunity to experience, first-hand, the beauty of the alpine landscape.
A nature lover cannot miss the opportunity to experience a quiet excursion among corn and potato fields, broad beech and conifer forests, the “Carera” biotope and farmers still working the land with their hands
Track typesShow elevation profile
- Choose itineraries that suit your physical and technical abilities. Collect information about the area you are visiting and the trail’s conditions and get a detailed trekking map.
- Wear clothes and take equipment that suit the difficulty and length of your tour. Keep emergency gear in your rucksack, including first aid supplies.
- Do not go walking alone in the mountains. In any case, tell someone where you are going and report back on returning.
- Look at the weather forecast before setting off and always keep an eye on the weather.
- In case of doubt, go back. It is better to give up than risk bad weather or face difficulties beyond your strength, ability and equipment.
- Do not leave marked paths and do not take shortcuts.
- All described walks are in a natural environment and therefore their use is at your own risk.
This information is subject to inevitable variations, so none of these indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason, we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, it is advisable to check environment and weather conditions before setting out.
Tips and hints
For more information on routes, services (guides, mountain huts, shops etc.) and hiking friendly accommodation: Garda Trentino - +39 0464 554444
From Cornelle, 2 km from Fiavè, pass the last houses and follow the path signposted SAT 461 for Malga Cogorna until you reach the intersection with the SAT 462/B path. Continue on the latter to enter a vast forest of beech trees until you reach “Palù de Vel”, a vast grassy wetland. From here, the road starts off steeper and continues further on a flatter terrain to arrive at the Tombùs area (1071m), where it intersects the SAT 462 path. Make your way down the 462 path towards Passo del Ballino. When you come to a secluded house on the edge of the woods, turn left leaving the SAT path to enter Cornelle along the Dus dirt track.
Fiavé is connected by the intercity bus line 211 (Riva del Garda - Tenno - Fiavé - Ponte Arche).
Attention! Buses are not very frequent!
Up-to-date information on timetables and routes.
From Ponte Arche/Comano Terme go in the direction of Fiavè. Then continue on SP 5 del Bleggio until you arrive in the little village of Cornelle (6 km).
Find out how to reach Garda Trentino.
Free parking lots in loc. Cornelle (Fiavé).
Author’s map recommendations
Garda Trentino TREKKING Map – Available in the info points of Garda Trentino (Riva del Garda, Arco, Torbole sul Garda, Ledro, Comano Terme)
You need to wear the right clothing and take the proper gear when you go hiking in the mountains. Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What should you take when you go on a hike?
Your rucksack (for a day trip a 25/30L capacity should do) should contain:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains. When wet, a grassy slope, rocky slab or steep trail can be dangerous unless you are wearing the proper footwear.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views you come across all over Garda Trentino. And if you like, you can share your memories with us at #GardaTrentino.
Emergency telephone number 112.
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others