Garda Trentino Verified partner Explorers Choice
hanging bridge - Canyon LimaròPhoto: Fototeca Trentino Sviluppo (ph. A. Russolo), North Lake Garda Trentino
A walk that celebrates the forces of nature, like water with its healing properties and ability to shape and fascinate: from Comano Spa to the deep gorge of the Canyon del Limarò, continuing along the river Sarca, one of the main watercourses in Trentino, that connects the Adamello - Presanella & Brenta Dolomites glaciers to Lake Garda.
This route passes through an inaccessible area and is therefore closed. Current information
Itinerary: Ponte Arche, Villa Banale, Canyon del Limarò, Comano, Ponte Arche (shortcut from Canyon del Limarò, return via the same route).
The route is marked with blue footprints.
The view across the Canyon from the lookout point, where you can admire it in all its mighty beauty.
- Choose itineraries that suit your physical and technical abilities. Collect information about the area you are visiting and the trail’s conditions and get a detailed trekking map.
- Wear clothes and take equipment that suit the difficulty and length of your tour. Keep emergency gear in your rucksack, including first aid supplies.
- Do not go walking alone in the mountains. In any case, tell someone where you are going and report back on returning.
- Look at the weather forecast before setting off and always keep an eye on the weather.
- In case of doubt, go back. It is better to give up than risk bad weather or face difficulties beyond your strength, ability and equipment.
- Do not leave marked paths and do not take shortcuts.
- All described walks are in a natural environment and therefore their use is at your own risk.
This information is subject to inevitable variations, so none of these indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason, we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, it is advisable to check environment and weather conditions before setting out.
Tips and hints
For more information on routes, services (guides, mountain huts, shops etc.) and hiking friendly accommodation: Garda Trentino - +39 0464 554444
From Giardino Al Sarca take the path on the right towards the spa park. Pass the spa heading towards the small church until you reach the main road that leads to Villa Banale. Pass through Villa Banale and at the end of town continue along the road to the right descending towards the Canyon del Limarò. As you walk down, you can catch a glimpse of the old Balandin bridge, an important historic connection between the two sides of the valley. After passing the bridge, you will find a shaded rest area with tables and benches; beyond this point the road rises to reach the state road for Ponte Arche. After crossing the road, proceed uphill through the woods until to come to the peaceful town of Comano. Walk through the town and after passing the church turn right towards Poia, from here continue for Ponte Arche.
The area around Comano is connected by the intercity bus lines 211 (Riva del Garda - Tenno - Fiavè - Ponte Arche) and 201 (Trento - Ponte Arche - Campiglio – Tione) to the other places in Garda Trentino.
Up-to-date information on timetables and routes.
Once in Ponte Arche/Comano Terme continue along the road leading to the thermal park, 50 m away is a car park, the starting point of the walk
Find out how to reach Garda Trentino.
Free parking at Ponte Arche / Comano Terme.
Author’s map recommendations
Garda Trentino TREKKING Map – Available in the info points of Garda Trentino (Riva del Garda, Arco, Torbole sul Garda, Ledro, Comano Terme)
You need to wear the right clothing and take the proper gear when you go hiking in the mountains. Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What should you take when you go on a hike?
Your rucksack (for a day trip a 25/30L capacity should do) should contain:
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains. When wet, a grassy slope, rocky slab or steep trail can be dangerous unless you are wearing the proper footwear.
And finally... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views you come across all over Garda Trentino. And if you like, you can share your memories with us at #GardaTrentino.
Emergency telephone number 112.
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others