Rest StopRistorante Rifugio "Ai todes ci"
Safety informationIf there is no snow during the winter, we recommend that you use trail crampons for any icy stretches.
From Coredo in the Val di Non valley, you can reach the nearby village of Smarano and from there, climb further following the directions for ‘7 Larici’. Continue in this direction until you reach the Predaia Pass, where you’ll find a large car park that is also used by people accessing the nearby cable car.
To reach the Predaia mountain lodge, carry straight on and, immediately after the Sores lodge, take the left turning onto the paved road that leads up to ‘Rifugio Predaia’.
ParkingAt the Predaia lodge or, if there is too much snow and/or ice on the road, at the Predaia Pass.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSnowshoes or trail crampons and walking poles
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.