Exploring eight little corners of Bohemia along the shores of Lake Ledro, in the villages on the valley floor and among the woods of Val Concei.
Distance 26.6 km
During the First World War the inhabitants of Valle di Ledro, then part of the Habsburg Monarchy, were evacuated to the inner regions of the Empire, particularly to Bohemia and Moravia. The valley had turned into a battleground with the war entrance of the Kingdom of Italy in 1915. As the people of Valle di Ledro returned to their valley between 1918 and 1919, they found their homes and villages in ruins. In Bohemia they established lasting friendships that still endure today thanks to the partnership eight Czech municipalities (Příbram, Doksy, Milín, Všeň, Nový Knín, Buštěhrad, Chyňava and Ptice). To each village is dedicated a street, a square or a plaque in Valle di Ledro.
Why not finish the cycling trip with a tasty meal of gnocchi boemi? They are dumplings made out of yeast dough, filled with a plum and served with butter, sugar and cinnamon!
AuthorApt Valle di Ledro
Update: September 09, 2021
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Further information on www.vallediledro.com
Exit the A22 motorway at Rovereto Sud – Lago di Garda. Follow the SS240 della Val di Ledro to Pieve and turn into Via Přibram at the graveyard. Further options
ParkingCar Park in Via Přibram, Pieve.
32T 634605 5082819
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view