On the traces of history… To the discovery of the war facts which have affected Valle di Ledro in the last two centuries.
In the little church of Santo Stefano lies the tomb of the Unknown Warrior. The white marble cross on top of the hill commemorates all the Austrian and Italian fallen during the Battle of Bezzecca, 21 July 1866. The trenches date back to the First World War, when Bezzecca was the headquarter of the Italians in Valle di Ledro.
In the summer months the museum (Museo Garibaldino e della Grande Guerra) in the village offers the chance to learn more about the history of Bezzecca and Valle di Ledro.
AuthorApt Valle di Ledro
Updated: August 24, 2020
Rest StopMuseo Garibaldino
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips, hints and links
Further information on www.vallediledro.com
Exit the A22 motorway at Rovereto Sud – Lago di Garda. Follow the SS240 della Val di Ledro to Bezzecca. Further options
ParkingCar park in front of the church.
32T 633305 5083967
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.