An easy walk that connects two viewpoints near Tenno: the Grom hill in the village of Frapporta and the educational nature path on the Bussè hill.
Tenno castle overlooks the Alto Garda area at the northern end of the lake. The medieval village of Frapporta sprang up around its walls and still retains its original layout today. Here you will also find the Romanesque church of San Lorenzo with the oldest frescos in Trentino. A short distance away, on the more gradual slope of the valley, the inhabitants of Tenno have left their mark over the centuries, modelling the hillside with drystone walls supporting the terraces where grapevines and olives are grown.
From here there is an unparalleled view over Lake Garda and the “busa”, as the flat land around the lake is called in local dialect. This itinerary joins up all these elements which are parts of a harmonious whole. And it is thanks to this very equilibrium between nature and human intervention that the Tenno area has been recognised as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
The Hidden Treasures itineraries were designed in order to give visitors a chance to get to know places in Garda Trentino that are off the beaten track. For this reason, the signposting is not always in the same style and sometimes missing altogether. We therefore recommend you to take a good map with you on these excursions. And then bear in mind your general reference points: Lake Garda = South, Monte Stivo = East, Rocchetta = West, Arco Castle = North.
The telephone number for the emergency services is 112.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hints
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino: www.gardatrentino.it
ParkingFree car park at the Fire Station (via dei Laghi)
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentThis excursion is quite simple and presents no particular difficulty. However, we still recommend you to wear suitable footwear, a hat, sun screen and sunglasses. And be sure to bring water!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.