The main church of a parish is called a pieve in Italian. As its name reveals, Pieve has been the centre of the valley for centuries. Since 2010 the villages of Valle di Ledro belong to a single municipality, whose townhall is located in Pieve. The first tourists to visit Valle di Ledro came to Pieve, where there has been a tourism association in existence since at least 1892!
The photographical route La memoria in mostra (i.e. Memories on show) unfolds through the streets of Pieve. The permanent exhibition is a journey through the history of Pieve and its inhabitants which allows the visitor to uncover Valle di Ledro from a different angle.
The church of the Annunciation is the main church of the valley. It’s here the community gathers on special occasions, such as Whitsunday. Its onion shaped bell tower is testimony to the great importance the exchanges between the German-speaking and Italian-speaking world have played for centuries in Trentino. The oratory of San Giuseppe, behind the church, is home to many art and photo exhibitions during the summer. The Foletto Museum tells the story of Foletto Pharmacy, who have been making drugs, syrups and liquors since the 19th century. Their best known product is Picco Rosso, a liquor (61%!!) made out of strawberries and raspberries.
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Further information on www.vallediledro.com
Exit the A22 motorway at Rovereto Sud – Lago di Garda. Follow the SS240 della Val di Ledro to Pieve di Ledro. Further options
ParkingCar park near the tourist office.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.