Woods, malghe, meadows with expanses of daffodils and peonies in bloom, Austrian trenches and breathtaking views over Lake Ledro are all to be found along the path that leads to Dromaè and Cima d’Oro (i.e. Golden Summit), which owes its name to the colour it takes at sunset.
Distance 11.6 km
History, botany and hiking all come together in this unique corner of Valle di Ledro.
The best time of the year to walk this route is May/June, during the blooming period.
AuthorApt Valle di Ledro
Update: August 17, 2021
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Further information on www.vallediledro.com
Exit A22 motorway at Rovereto Sud - Lago di Garda. Follow the SS240 della Val di Ledro to Mezzolago and turn into Via San Michele. Further options
ParkingCar park - Via San Michele, Mezzolago.
32T 635972 5082426
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view