The entrance to the Giudicarie: Monte Stigolo is the watershed between Valle di Ledro and Valle del Chiese and offers beautiful views over both.
Distance 15.7 km
A hike on the western mountains of Valle di Ledro, from where the eye can roam over the Valle del Chiese and the summits, granite walls and majestic glaciers of the Adamello range. From Tiarno di Sopra we reach Monte Rango and start the descent towards Malga Stigolo, an enchanting spot for a picnic on the meadows near the small artificial lake. From the other end of the pasture, we follow the old mule track towards Lake Ampola, a natural reserve and a treasure of biodiversity.
The Sentiero del Trocc provides an alternative route back to Tiarno di Sopra. The path unfolds among meadows and woods from the forestry road shortly before the Agritur Al Marter.
AuthorApt Valle di Ledro
Update: September 08, 2021
Tips and hints
Further information on www.vallediledro.com.
Motorway A22, exit Rovereto Sud - Lago di Garda. SS240 Val di Ledro road to Tiarno di Sopra. Further possibilities
ParkingParking in Piazza Milìn.
32T 629642 5083015
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view