The route develops in a very tranquil area: between the Sarca Valley and the basin of Lake Cavedine. The route doesn’t present particular technical difficulties, apart from a few short distances of rough ground, with some rather pronounced and sometimes loose rocks and gravel. However, with a minimum of confidence on this type of terrain, the two descents, even if short will leave a smile on your face. For the majority of the ascent, you’ll be riding on the bike path that runs along the river Sarca or, in the case of Lake Cavedine - on small, quiet roads. The Marocche of Dro is a wondrous landscape to behold.
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Suggestions taken from NORBA and IMBA codes of conduct.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hints
- This is an official route of the Garda Trentino Provincial Network of MTB routes, regularly maintained and accompanied by specific signage.
For more information on routes and bike services: rentals, workshops, shops and cycling friendly accommodation - APT Garda Trentino Tel. +39 0464 554444
- The texts relating to the route described in this sheet have been produced by Marco Giacomello, mountain bike guide.
From the centers of Garda Trentino (Riva del Garda, Arco, Torbole sul Garda) head north towards Dro / Trento. In Dro, turn right towards Drena onto Provincial Road 84.
You can also get to the starting point by following the cycle path from Arco.
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino
ParkingIn the Marocche area there are two free car parks, one before the tamburello court and one immediately after. Free Parking space close to the castle
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Riding your bike requires specific clothing and equipment, even for relatively short and easy trips. It is always better to be prepared… e.g. for bad weather or a drop your energy levels. The unexpected things also make up a part of the fun!
Remember to throughly evaluate the type of route you plan to do, the locations you plan to cross and the current season. Has it been raining? Attention: The paths may be slippery and require more caution.
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike lights: best placed on your helmet or handlebars. (It is always best to be prepared)
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
- Emergency whistle
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112