This tour to the Egger- and Poludnig Alm is considered a regional classic and is a popular destination for both mountain bikers and racing cyclists.
Distance 22.6 km
From Möderndorf the route first heads towards the Garnitzenklamm and then uphill along the Eggeralm Road. From the Egger Alm continue towards the Dellacher Alm - keep right here and follow the gravel road to the Almgasthaus Poludnig. Descent on the same route With the E-MTB this tour is definitely a pleasure.
Variants: Descent via Dellacher Alm - Koutschitzalm and via Vorderberg and the R3 cycle path back to Möderndorf (Tour HP8)
Combination with the following routes: I1
- Wonderful view at the Poludnig
- Traditional mountain pastures and local cheese dairy
AuthorNassfeld - Pressegger See
Update: September 14, 2020
Rest StopAlmgasthaus Pipp Dellacher Alm
Gasthaus zum Rudi Egger Alm
Egger Alm Käserei
- When the line is closed - absolute driving ban!
- Always drive on half sight.
- Always adjust your speed so that you can stop in time before obstacles or avoid oncoming traffic
- Watch out for pedestrians and hikers and drive slowly past
- Driving on the track with motorcycles will be reported without exception.
- The use of the bicycle routes is at your own risk.
- In the forest, especially camping, camping in the dark, making fires, disturbing game or entering forest cultures under 3 m tree height are prohibited by law.
- Check your sports equipment regularly and wear a helmet
- Only the use of the approved, marked routes is permitted.
- Never leave the marked path
- We ask for consideration for the environment.
- Avoid noise and pollution.
- Restrict driving in the twilight to protect wild animals.
- Observe the road traffic regulations and provide first aid if necessary.
- Please always close gates and gates.
- Caution during forestry work!Correct self-assessmentStart in time and plan for reserves
- Leave higher altitudes in bad weather
- Make sure that you can get through safely if there are impassable stretches of road.
- If you do not feel safe, turn back soon enough
- For a safe cooperation please follow the Fair Play rules (Link) Emergency call: (+43 4282)112
Tips and hintsRefreshment stop:
- Egger Alm:
- Gasthof zur Egger Alm / Buachacher Elisabeth Tel.: +43 6503910520
- Gasthof zum Rudi Tel.:+43 676 9343605
- Poludnig Alm
- Almausschank / Simschitz Stefan Phone: +43 676 7805317
- Dellacher Alm
- Almgasthaus / Pipp Johann Tel.: +43 676 9343616
Getting thereOn the Gailtal road (B111) coming from Kötschach-Mauthen or Arnoldstein to Hermagor. There are numerous parking facilities directly in the city!
ParkingPublic parking spaces are available directly at the starting point.
33T 375305 5164943
- Helmet duty!!!!!!
- Right clothing: Do not only adapt your clothing to the current weather conditions.
- Also pack warm clothing, a spare jersey and rain protection in summer, especially in the early and late seasons.
- Emergency equipment: bandages, repair kit (spare hose, pump, tools), map, mobile phone and possibly GPS
- ATTENTION: In the mountains reception is not guaranteed everywhere!
- Take enough to drink with you and plan a stopover in good time
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view