From "Arabba" short warm-up along the "Fodom" Valley, descent to "Sottoguda", where through the typical village the famous "Serrai" begin; exciting climb through a gorge with hundred metres high rock walls, waterfalls, caves and the Torrent "Pettorina" that always flows by our side.
After 2.5 km the gorge ends and we continue over the steep and demanding ramps of the "Fedaia" Pass to the shore of the Lake of the same name at the foot of the "Marmolada" Glacier, the queen of the Dolomites.
From here, a fast descent into the "Fassa" Valley and back to Arabba via the 33 hairpin bends of the "Pordoi".
Safety informationStreets are open to cars.
Choose a speed that respects the road traffic regulations and traffic and that corresponds to your riding skills.
Always let someone know where you are going and the approximate duration of the hike and avoid going alone.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112 or 118 (ambulance).
Tips and hintsBefore the start, it is reccomended to get informed about the weather, which changes rapidly in the mountains, and the conditions of the route.
Getting thereBy car
- From Innsbruck A22 Brennero highway to the Bressanone tool booth, continue through the Pusteria Valley, Badia Valley and the Campolongo Pass
- From Verona/Milan A22 Brennero highway up to Egna Ora tool booth, continue for Fiemme Valley, Fassa Valley, Pordoi Pass, Arabba
- From Venice A27 highwayway tool booth Belluno follow the Agordina 203 to Agordo, Caprile, Arabba
Nearest railway stations
- Belluno - 70 km
- Brunico - 48 km
- Ponte Gardena - 51 km
- Brunico - 47 Km connection by SAD line
- Belluno - 70 km - connected by the Dolomitibus www.dolomitibus.it
- Venice Treviso/Venice Marco Polo - 160/170 km
- Innsbruck - 140 km
- Verona - 270 km
- Milan Bergamo/Milan Malpensa - 310/400 km
ParkingFree parking is available near the "Porta Vescovo" cable car and near the Church of "Arabba".
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentThe cyclist's kit:
- substitute inner tube
- repair patches for the inner tube
- Co2 dispenser and canisters
- rubber remover
- inflate and repair canister
- multitool kit
- chain tool
- stick for insect bites
- food (energy bars, snacks, dried fruit, fruit)
- mobile phone (insert useful numbers in the area and health information)
- water bottles (one with water, one with water + mineral salts)
- bandana under helmet
- anti-glare glasses
- anti-wind and rain k - way