Con i suoi boschi di conifere e faggi, i piccoli masi di montagna e le malghe che caratterizzano il paesaggio, la Val Calamento è una delle zone più suggestive del Lagorai. E d'inverno la magia del manto nevoso che ricopre tutto crea un'atmosfera ancora più fatata.
La chiusura della strada provinciale del Passo Manghen (solitamente da fine ottobre ad aprile) trasforma quest'area nel paradiso per gli amanti dello scialpinismo, delle ciaspole e del winter trekking.
Questo itinerario è uno degli esempi più calzanti: partendo dal parcheggio di Malga Baessa, ci si addentra nella valle con un itinerario con poco dislivello in salita, passando nella zona di Malga Casabolenga (chiusa in inverno) per raggiungere lo scenario di Malga Cagnon di sotto (chiusa in inverno).
Dopo una pausa con pranzo al sacco ammirando il tranquillo panorama, si ridiscende lungo lo stesso itinerario.
The stability of the snow cover is subjected to sudden and unpredictable changes.
Always check the avalanche bulletin (www.meteotrentino.it) and ask about the weather conditions in the local Alpine Guides offices.
The gpx tracks are just an approximation of the suggested route and can not be followed without a preliminary evaluation of the current situation of the snow and the ground.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
APT Valsugana - tel. +39 0461 727700 - email@example.com
From the SS47, exit in Borgo Valsugana or Castelnuovo and follow the signs to "Telve - Passo Manghen".
Drive for almost 16 km and you will reach Malga Baessa.
At the parking of Malga Baessa.
If the provincial road is open, you can park near Malga Valtrighetta and shorten the itinerary.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
For all skitours, is recommended to wear adequate and waterproof clothing, ready for sudden temperature drops (e.g. Gore-Tex). Gloves, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen should always be carried.
Other than the ski skins, having the rampant can come handy in case of hard frozen snow.
It is MANDATORY to carry the avalanche kit, made of ARTVA (Avalanche swamped searching engine) – shovel – probe. Walking sticks are extremely useful and recommended.
The helmet and other types of active protection systems (such as backpacks with ABS-Airbag system) are highly recommended.
Basic Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski Helmet
- 2 pairs of Gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for going uphill, regular ski gloves for downhill
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Lightweight wind- and waterproof ski pants
- 20 to 28 liter rucksack, preferably backcountry type
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski touring boots
- Ski touring bindings to fit boots
- Ski touring skins to fit skis
- Ski poles, preferably telescopic type
- Avalanche safety equipment to consider: beacon, avalanche probe, avalanche shovel
- Ski touring crampons
- Crevasse rescue kit
- Ski touring harness
- Light ice axe
- Ski touring ropes
- Avalanche airbag backpack
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.