Prepare your itinerary
Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
Choose suitable equipment and repair kit
Check weather forecast
Setting out by yourself is more risky; if this is the case take a mobile phone
Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
Do not hesitate in placing your trust in a professional
Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
Do not hesitate in going back
In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hintsThe gpx track that can be visioned or downloaded for this trail is just to provide an indication, since once the Mine is reached, the trails indicated on the informational boards can be followed.
Getting thereFrom the Valsugana highway 47, take the exit for Caldonazzo and reach Calceranica al Lago.
ParkingParcheggio comodamente in zona centro o presso la miniera.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThe usual outfit for excursions to the mountain is advised (hiking boots and clothing, a raincoat in the case of rain).
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.