Train & Bike
During July and August all railway services offer special train coaches to transport 32 bikes (www.fsitaliane.it). From September to June the trains can transport only 6 bikes per run. Reservation at Trentino Trasporti the day before: +39 0461 821000
ATTENTION Due to a landslide there will be a deviation. Cyclists will find sings and marks, just follow them.
Ride your bike carefully when approaching the few cross-roads you find along the cycle path.
Pay attention when overriding other bikers.
Give your bike a regular checkup, especially if you've had it for years.
Be seen: you must wear a high vis jacket (or sash) in tunnels and on country roads after sunset.
Always wear your helmet.Make sure your front and rear lights are working.
Put out your arm to give advance warning of your intention to change position and before you do anything, check there are no vehicles coming up behind you.
Don't use headphones or your mobile phone handsfree kit: you need all your concentration on the road!
Obey the road signs: stop at traffic lights and don't ride on the wrong side of the road.If you are cycling in a group, always go in single file.
You've got a bell: use it to let pedestrians know you're there.
Don't ride on footpaths. If you have to then get off and push your bike.
If there are cycle paths use them. It's your safety that's at stake and the rules of the road say you must.
The cycle pathe in Trentino are usually closed by the local authorities from November, 15th to April, 15th.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Tourism Board Valsugana
Ph. +39 0461727700
ParkingYou can park at each railway station, or in the various villages you find along the cycle path, like Pergine, Calceranica, Caldonazzo, Marter di Roncegno, Borgo Valsugana, Castelnuovo, Castel Ivano, Tezze, etc.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWe always recommend helmet
Basic Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Spoke wrench
- Zip ties
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- Luggage system as required for length of journey: panniers with racks
- Handlebar / frame / saddle bags
- Mudguards recommended
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.