Also called “La via del Brenta”, this is one of the most beautiful and top cycling paths in Europe.
Distance 52.4 km
It is a 52 km cycling/hiking path of Valsugana up to the border with the province of Vicenza. There are long sections where the track follows the Brenta river. There are no particular difficulties in terms of altitude, and it is suitable for cyclists of all skill levels. About half the route follows secondary roads that are open to traffic, but where you are unlikely to encounter motorised vehicles.
Update: January 14, 2020
Rest StopBicigrill Tezze - Valsugana Rent Bike
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereValsugana can be reached by car via Motorway A22 del Brennero - exit at Trento Nord. S.S. 47 della Valsugana, exit at Pergine Valsugana.
32T 672681 5103509
Basic Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Spoke wrench
- Zip ties
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- Luggage system as required for length of journey: panniers with racks
- Handlebar / frame / saddle bags
- Mudguards recommended
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view