This trail offers incredible view over val dei Mocheni and the Dolomites,going towards North, and over Valsugana when looking towards South. Ancient paths used by shepherds and military muletracks are followed, that during the First World War allow to control the area from the top of Fravort.
Distance 17.6 km
The trekking, spread on alpine prairies with starting already at altitude, there are not so many trees to shelter from the sun, we suggest to put cream and use glasses and cap.
Update: March 01, 2021
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Getting thereFrom the Valsugana highway 47, take the exit for Levico Term to leave from "Agritur Malga Masi" or the exit for Roncegno Terme for those who want to start from "Agritur Rincher".
Parking"Maso Veccio" for those who stay for the night at "Agritur Rincher" or "Località Prese" for those sleeping at "Agritur Malga Masi".
32T 679219 5102278
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThe usual outfit for excursions to the mountain is advised (trekking clothing and boots, a raincoat in the case of rain).
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view