Riders collect their downhill scooters from the Matterhorn glacier paradise valley station. A ride in one of the Matterhorn Express gondolas leads up to Schwarzsee (2,583 m): time to don helmets for the descent. The trail leads past the waters of the idyllic Schwarzsee and down towards Stafelalp. The lanes are not completely smooth, which adds to the sense of adventure!
- Bookable deal
- Bookable from approx. mid-June to mid-October
- Appropriate for children from age 12
- Group tariff
- Take into account participants’ fitness level and ability.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to ride on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Tips and hintsOffer from the Zermatt Bergbahnen AG
Getting thereZermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Dirtscooter with helmet (available for hire at the valley station)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Good footwear