A kickbike is like a cross between a bike and a scooter, great fun to ride for people of all ages. From Sunnegga, the trail leads initially towards Tufteren, past ancient Swiss stone pine trees and tall larches. At Tufteren the track plunges into the lush mountain forest, and follows a giant zig-zag all the way down to the village of Zermatt.
- Appropriate for children from age 9
- Special family tickets
- from approx. late May to mid-October
Rest StopBuffet Bar Sunnegga
- Take into account participants’ fitness level and ability.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Tips, hints and linksBook the offer online now
Getting thereZermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Kickbike with helmet (available for hire from the valley station of the Sunnegga Express)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Good footwear