The circular path leads across a variety of terrain. Along the way, it passes the Täsch-Randa golf course as well as barbecue sites and play areas. It’s an ideal walk for families: great fun for all ages, with the additional draw of a dip in the Schalisee lake.
- Swimming in the Schalisee lake
- Appropriate for children from age 4
- Barbecue sites, playgrounds along the route
- WC and fountain along the trail
- Play opportunities along the way: football, volleyball
- Views of the Klein Matterhorn and Breithorn
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
- Beware: railway crossing
Getting thereThe drive from Visp to Täsch takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Author’s map recommendations
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)