The fitness trail is an enjoyable fitness circuit for jogging enthusiasts. The lush forest on either side of the Wildibach river offers a beautiful setting for exercise. The route is varied, leading over grass, tree roots and around boulders, stopping at fitness stations at the prettiest locations in the mixed mountain woodland.
- Grippy trail surface, slippery only in very few places
- Pleasantly shady
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Getting thereThe drive from Visp to Randa takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley.
ParkingThere is a public multi-storey car park by the railway station in Randa; simply follow the signs.
- Suitable footwear
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Plenty to drink
Basic Equipment for Jogging
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Blister kit
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.