You can reach the Moos Trail by travelling through Zermatt to Winkelmatten on the Moostrasse to the hamlet of Furi (signalized from the train station square) or with the Matterhorn-Express up to Furi.
Before starting at the Restaurant Alm in Schweigmatten, the rider glances briefly into the valley towards Zermatt. You will soon be there!
Over 1.3 km with an average gradient of 7.5%, one measures 95 m of altitude on this Flow Country Trail. This is a perfect route to test whether it is possible to get down to the valley to Moos at the end of the trail, without even turning the pedals once. Occasionally, the rider catches a glance at a Stadel, the forest or a gondola, which rushes past just above his head.
The Moos Trail is equally suited for beginners as well as for experts and everyone in between.
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.
Tips, hints and linksGuidelines for Mountain Bike Riders
Getting thereZermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink