From Sunnegga a flat road takes you to the Tufterenalp, where the tour starts.
At Tufteren, the trail continues over the famous Europaweg. On the Höhenweg heading towards Täschalp, there are some sections when you'll need to pedal a bit. Some points on the Europaweg are also exposed and it is recommended that you get off your bike and push.
Some of the tour is on the road, from Täschalp to where it branches off on the single trail to Blasboden. At the branch there is stream and a barbecue area for a final break before the descent to Täsch.
Alternative: If you get tired sooner, you can decide to do “less” and branch off straight to Blasboden, avoiding the strenuous loop across the Täschalp.
Rest stopsTäschalp Restaurant & Lodge
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk. *The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.
Tips and hintsGuidelines for Mountain Bike Riders
Zermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
Täsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints