The cows grazing at Täschalp produce milk that is made into cheese on the spot. Nature lovers admire the variety of grasses, lichens and alpine flowers. As the path proceeds, it reveals ever more dramatic views. Up at the Täsch Hut, hikers meet mountaineers who have set their sights high: on the Alphubel, Täschhorn and other 4,000-metre peaks.
- Views of the Zinalrothorn, Schalihorn, Weisshorn
- View of the Dufourspitze from the Täsch Hut
- Plentiful wildlife
- Variant: by taxi from Täsch to Täschalp
Rest StopTäschalp Restaurant & Lodge
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Tips, hints and linksBy taxi from Täsch to Täschalp
Getting thereThe drive from Visp to Täsch takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Author’s map recommendations
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)