The cable cars take you up to Blauherd. The stunning Four Lakes route (4-Seen-Tour) starts from here. After a brief descent, the route heads left to the first lake – Stellisee. Here you can see a stunning reflection of the Matterhorn in the lake.
If you now fancy a coffee, head up to Fluhalp and enjoy the view from the terrace of the surrounding mountains.
The route continues down to Grindjisee and Grünsee. In Grünsee, you can see a reflection of not only the Matterhorn, but other magnificent mountains as well.
The last lake you reach is Moosjisee. It is a very different colour from the other three lakes. Moosjisee is a typical glacier lake, and this gives it its cloudy appearance. From there, the route heads back to Sunnegga.
Mountain Lodge Ze Seewjinu
Buffet Bar Sunnegga
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk. *The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.
Tips, hints and linksGuidelines for Mountain Bike Riders
Zermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
Täsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.$
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink