Before you set off, pause to enjoy the breathtaking view of the Gorner Glacier and the surrounding mountains.
You don’t need to be an experienced biker to do this route. From Gornergrat, a gravel path heads to Bodmen. It goes along the Gornergrat Bahn route and then through Alpine meadows. With a bit of luck, you may see a marmot or maybe one of the cute blacknose sheep.
At Bodmen, the path heads off right to the Mountain Lodge Ze Seewjinu and to the beautiful Grünsee. You then go via Gant and Findeln back to Sunnegga.
- Bike transport with the Gornergrat Bahn only up from 16.00 possible
- Tip: take the opportunity for a sunset ride
Rest StopRiffelhaus 1853
Buffet & Bar Riffelberg
3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat - "VIS-Ã-VIS"
Mountain Lodge Ze Seewjinu
Buffet Bar Sunnegga
3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat - Panoramaself
- Always wear gloves and a helmet.
- Use marked bike trails and routes only, and observe all signposting. Please close gates after passing through.
- Please be considerate to walkers and to plants and animals. As a rule, walkers have priority.
- When planning, take into account participants’ fitness level and ability: some routes lead above 3,000 metres.
- All riding is at one’s own risk.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk. *The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.
Tips, hints and links
Zermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
Täsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Bike in excellent working order
- Helmet, gloves and (trail) bell
- Repair kit in case of any defects
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
- Food and drink