The Kin Hut is located away from the most popular trails, and so is ideal for mountain walkers seeking peace and quiet. Hikers must earn their reward, however: the mountain trail is steep and demanding, and requires concentration and a good level of fitness.
- Beautiful views of the valley
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Getting thereThe drive from Visp to Randa takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley.
ParkingThere is a public multi-storey car park by the railway station in Randa; simply follow the signs.
Author’s map recommendations
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)