Along the path to the Kin Hut, walkers are treated to the sight of some beautiful edelweiss growing at eye level. However, the path demands a good level of concentration. The Kin hut was once popular as the starting point for a variety of high-altitude mountain tours, but because of changes in the landscape over recent decades, the hut is now much quieter – and a popular haunt for nature lovers seeking tranquillity.
- Starting point for ascents of Täschhorn, Grabenhorn, Kinhorn, Dom
- Glorious view of the Matter valley
- Täschalp: cheese and Ziger soft cheese for sale
Rest StopTäschalp Restaurant & Lodge
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Take note of the warning signs drawing attention to the constant danger in river beds and along watercourses below dams and reservoirs.
Tips, hints and linksBy taxi from Täsch to Täschalp
Getting thereThe drive from Visp to Täsch takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley.
Onward journey to Täschalp by taxi or bike. Further information available from the guest information centre near Täsch railway station.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Author’s map recommendations
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof)
Important! A good head for heights, a sure foot and mountain experience are needed