The path through the forested area between Täsch and Randa is embedded in the valley of the Mattervispa and offers relaxation and leisure. The terrain is rich in variety – the way is a gradual descent and then a gentle climb. The route can be taken in both directions and is also suitable for snowshoeing when arriving by automobile. There is parking available in both villages. The return trip by train with the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn is uncomplicated. A train leaves every 30 minutes.
Beautiful upward view of the valley towards the Breithorn (4,164 m) and Klein Matterhorn (3,883 m).
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
The snowshoe trails can be tackled without a mountain guide. Beware: they are not prepared in any way and are not controlled daily; nor are they secured from natural hazards such as avalanches or rockfalls. For safety, check the weather forecast and current avalanche bulletin.
All snowshoeing is at one’s own risk.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.
Tips, hints and linksWinter sports report
Getting thereThe drive from Visp to Täsch takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
- Good, waterproof footwear
- Hiking poles
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather