A real treat for guests of all ages: ten minutes of cries of joy, pure pleasure, endless snow and high thrills. The descent from Rotenboden to Riffelberg covers 234 vertical metres, barely leaving time to admire the glorious mountain views.
- Cog train services every 10 minutes
- Sledge run prepared daily
- Appropriate for families with children
Rest StopBuffet & Bar Riffelberg
- Please be considerate to others on the toboggan run.
- Adapt riding and speed to your ability and the conditions.
- Small children must always be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not leave the marked trails.
- It is forbidden to toboggan on the ski pistes.
Tips, hints and linksPrices & further information
Getting thereZermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Toboggan (rental from Rotenboden summit station)
- Warm winter clothing with gloves and hat
- Warm, waterproof footwear
- Helmet, where appropriate