The Matterhorn Ultraks Trail races have taken place every August since 2012. The routes are devised so that non-runners also enjoy an impressive spectacle and can cheer on the competitors. The Active race follows a beautiful route with long, wide-open expanses – the ideal circuit for beginners.
- Circuit around the Zermatt region, mostly west of the Vispa river
- For spectators: exciting viewpoints at Sunnegga and Riffelalp
- For spectators: start and finish in Zermatt
- For spectators: lift access (packages for friends of runners)
- Option to help as a volunteer
Getting thereZermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
No compulsory equipment specifications are set by the organising committee.
- Suitable footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Clothing suitable for the weather (always carry a waterproof and long-sleeved shirt)
- Mobile phone
- Survival blanket
Refreshment stations are located along the route.