Täsch Panorama Trail (Nr. 130)
Zermatt - Matterhorn Verified partner Explorers Choice
Täsch with view towards ZermattPhoto: Zermatt Tourismus, Zermatt - Matterhorn
The early bird catches the worm, or in the case of the Täsch Panorama Trail, the sunshine, as it sets early in winter, leaving the valley wrapped in the mountains’ shadowy embrace. The trail heads across wide snowy expanses on the valley floor before following the edge of the forest. After crossing the bridge over the Vispa river, the route climbs into picturesque mixed forest and then finally reaches an altitude of about 1,500 m, revealing magnificent views.
- Suitable for children aged 6 upwards
- Breathtaking views of the Mischabel mountains, including the Täschhorn and the Dom
- View of Täsch and Randa
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
- Beware: railway crossing
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.
Täsch (station) - Ägerte - Mettelbrücke - Mettelzug – Uferweg – Camping - Täsch (station)
(Hiking time in reverse direction: approx. 1h 10)
This hike is marked on the signposts as “Panoramaweg Täsch”.
Note: This trail can be temporarily diverted due to the avalanche situation. A corresponding diversion is signalled on site.
Public transportThe drive from Visp to Täsch takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley. By train to Täsch: less than 3½ hours from Zürich airport or 4 hours from Geneva airport. Change at Visp onto the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn (Matterhorn Gotthard Railway). From Visp, the railway leads through the Mattertal valley past idyllic small villages to Täsch.
By roadThe drive from Visp to Täsch takes about 30–40 min. The road leads through the wild and beautiful Mattertal valley.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others