The route starts in the ‘Wiesti’ quarter. After a flight of steps, the route leads past numerous luxury chalets where you can catch a glimpse of sumptuous interiors. In winter the gables all shine over the village, creating a romantic atmosphere. The trail continues towards ‘Eggen’ in the direction of Ried. At ‘Zer Bännu’, walkers can enjoy a lovely view over the village. The path leads past small, ancient stables before crossing snow-covered meadows and light woodland to reach Restaurant Ried.
- Suitable for children aged 6 upwards
- Beautiful view of the village
- Clear panoramic view of the mountains including the Matterhorn and Weisshorn
- Plan every mountain tour carefully and adapt to participants’ fitness level as well as the weather and season.
- Weather conditions can change quickly in the mountains. Appropriate clothing is therefore essential, along with adequate supplies of food and water. In uncertain weather, turn back in good time.
- Inform others of planned route, and whenever possible avoid going alone.
- Do not leave the marked routes; do not venture onto glaciers without a mountain guide.
- It is forbidden to walk on the ski pistes.
- Please be considerate to other walkers and to plants and animals.
Tip: “Be searchable”. Equip yourself with an additional RECCO rescue reflector*. Whether summer or winter. Available in our Online-Shop or our information desk.
*The additional reflector does not replace an avalanche beacon.
Getting thereZermatt is car-free. Private vehicles are permitted only as far as Täsch (5 km before Zermatt). The Täsch–Zermatt road is closed to the public.
Onward travel to Zermatt is either by private taxi or shuttle train. Trains depart every 20 minutes; the journey takes about 12 minutes, and ends at the Bahnhofplatz in Zermatt.
ParkingTäsch has car parks with both covered and open-air parking – e.g. at the Matterhorn Terminal or privately operated facilities.
Onward travel: see “Getting there”.
- Good footwear
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Warm winter clothing appropriate for the weather